September 19, 2011

AM Marathon: Class 01 - Week 01

As today is nothing more than setting up a profile picture, and introducing yourself, I decided to talk a little bit about the planning done to get through this high speed challenge.

A class is 12 "weeks" long, but the last one is always a review and no homework has to be handed in, I decided not to take it into account, which leaves me with 11 "weeks" to fit in 2. On the first week, I will go through the first 5 "weeks". On the second week, I'll go through the remaining 6 by working on Saturday (just like crunch time at the end of a production).

On a more daily basis, my goal being to never spend more than a working day per "week", each working day will go as follow:

- 8 am: Wake up
- 9 am: Ready to work, in front of the computer.

From then I work until 1 pm.

The first thing that I will do, is to read the feedback that people left on the work uploaded the day before. The feedback will be taken into account, and implemented in the upcoming work along with my notes. In a case like today, where no work has been uploaded as I am starting a new class, I will be doing a 2 week planner that will tell me what is expected to be done each day throughout the 2 weeks.

- 1 pm: Lunch break!
- 2 pm: Back to work.

Here I will just continue to work until 5 pm.

- 5 pm: Time to upload the daily work!

In case when there is a big amount of work for the day, I will allow myself to have and extra hour of work. Either or, when I'm done, it'll be time to take a small break and going away from the computer. Once Fresh air made it's way through my lungs, I'll go back to the desk or couch for a little bit, and read through the notes that I had taken for the week's lecture and Q&A when I first went through the program.

- 7 pm latest: Done!

Its is now time to relax, and enjoy the evening with my wife & friends, watch a movie, read a book or whatever I feel like doing. This part does not need planning :D

Note for tomorrow:
The work will be uploaded late in the evening, as my wife and I will be going to Disneyland during the day. The sketches will be done there, and uploaded when I come back in the evening along with the pose.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Isaí Calderón said...

Let's get to it! Good start, and God speed, my friend.

CaptainGenga said...

super great Idea, I'm looking foreward to seeing your work!

Tenpei said...

Amazing! I'm going to have to follow suit!

-MJU said...

Wow! This is going to take a sick amount of discipline! You are an inspiration to us all =D